We are committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
The kinds of personal information which we will collect and hold
We may collect information about you when you visit our website or use or services. Personal information we might collect includes, but is not limited to:
- your contact details (such as your name, telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses);
- your transactional order and payment details;
- other information reasonably relevant to the provision of our services, such as records of which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use;
- information about where you shop or what your interests are, so that we can improve our service and product offering to you; and
- any other personal information you provide to us in relation to your access to our website or our services.
When you visit our website or access our services, we may also collect and store the following information :
- your IP address;
- your browser type;
- the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website;
- details of the pages within the website you visit; and
- the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our website, access times, dates and other statistics.
How and why we will collect your personal information
It is our usual practice to collect personal information directly from the subject individual or their authorised representative(s).
We only collect and hold personal information by lawful and fair means, including for the purposes of providing you with access to our website and services.
It is our usual practice to only collect personal information directly from you. In some circumstances, we may collect and hold personal information that has been collected from a third party (such as your organisation, your representatives and information service providers).or publicly available source We may collect personal information from our related companies in the Marlin Brands Group (“Related Companies”) for the purposes of data analytics across websites in the Marlin Brands Group and to enable us to better customise your experience and our service offering to you.
We may collect personal information from you in circumstances such as when you:
- are browsing or otherwise interacting with our website;
- registering an account on our website;
- communicating with us through written correspondence, telephone calls, chats, emails or when you share information with us through other social applications, services or sites; or
- interact with us, our services, content or advertising.
In the event we hold personal information that is unsolicited, and we were not permitted to collect it, the personal information will be destroyed as soon as practicable. If we collect personal information about you from someone else, we will advise you, as soon as and as far as practicable, that this information has been collected and the circumstances of the collection.
The purposes for which we use and disclose personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing our services to you. This includes, without limitation:
- delivering, administering and improving the products and services that we offer to you;
- internal management purposes;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, promotional material and events which might interest you, being offered by either us or our Related Companies;
- to verify your identity, answer your questions, respond to your complaints and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, tax invoices or receipts;
- administering accounts;
- facilitating product and service reviews;
- business development and marketing purposes;
- sales and billing;
- insurance purposes;
- training and recruitment
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve our website and the way we and our Related Companies and service providers provide products and services to you; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law (such as to comply with obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to mandatory data breach notification), to create orders, transaction records, tax invoices or receipts.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- our Related Companies;
- third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- parties that you authorise us to disclose your personal information;
- government and regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors; or
- other third parties permitted by law.
Third parties to whom we disclose personal information may from time to time be located overseas. You consent to any such overseas disclosure and acknowledge APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosure.
Cookies and the collection of personal information via our website
Cookies are text files which are stored on your computer or mobile device (by your web browser) that record specific information, such as which pages you visit, the information you have searched for, or the device you are using to access our website.
You may elect to disable or turn off cookies in your web browser, however, this may impact upon the services we are able to offer you on our website and may impact upon your ability to access certain features of our website.
Disclosure to Credit Reporting Bodies (CRBs)
We may also collect information about your financial position, credit history or other types of credit related information about you, when you apply for finance or credit arrangements with us.
We may disclose your personal information to a CRB to be held by the CRB on its systems and used to provide its credit reporting services (including the maintenance of credit information files and supplying the information to other customers of the relevant CRB).
We may disclose your personal information to the following CRBs listed below.
Equifax (Australia) Level 15, 100 Arthur Street NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2060 Tel: 1300 921 621
NCI Level 2, 165 Grenfell St ADELAIDE SA 5000 Tel: 1800 882 820
Illion Level 2, 143 Coronation Drive MILTON QLD 4064 Tel: (07) 3360 0600
Creditor Watch Level 13, 109 Pitt Street SYDNEY NSW 2000 Tel: 1300 501 312
Experian Level 6, 549 St Kilda Road MELBOURNE VIC 3004 Tel: (03) 9699 0100
Equifax (New Zealand) Level 8/22 Fanshawe Street Auckland Central, AUCKLAND 1010 New Zealand Tel +64 9-367 6200
A copy of the credit reporting policy for the CRBs listed above will be available on their website or will be provided in hard copy upon request.
How you may request access to and correct of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You are entitled to access and request correction of your personal information held in our possession. You can make a request for access or correction by sending an email or letter addressed to our Privacy Officer using the details set out under “Contact Details” below.
We will endeavour to respond to your request for personal information within a reasonable time period or as soon as practicable in a manner as requested by you. We will normally respond within thirty (30) days.
With any request that is made we will need to authenticate your identity to ensure the correct person is requesting the information. We will not charge you for making the request, however, if reasonable, we may charge you with the costs associated with your request.
In some circumstances we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information including, but not limited to where:
- giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- giving access would be unlawful; or,
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If we refuse provide you with access to or correct your personal information, we will provide you with written notice setting out:
- 1. the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that, having regard to the grounds for the refusal, it would be unreasonable to do so);
- 2. the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal; and
- 3. any other relevant matters as required by law
In some circumstances where we correct a record, we may still require the retention of the original record.
Data security and storing personal information
We will take steps to hold personal information in a manner which is secure and protected from unauthorised access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. We use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your personal information including by:
- maintaining physical access restrictions, password protections and technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
We use 256 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 256-bit SSL is the industry standard. To further secure your credit card, we also don’t keep details of your credit card information, including the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information (personal or other) you transmit to us over the internet. Therefore, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to use over the internet and you do so at your own risk
You may at any point in time, request to no longer receive direct marketing material or promotional communications from us by electing to opt out which you may do by contacting is by email using the contact details provided below, or by any other simple means to opt-out that we provide you. However, some of our services may include a direct marketing and promotional communications feature as part of the service which cannot be removed and, as such, you may not be able to access or use some of our Website or services if you elect to opt-out of all direct promotional and marketing communications..
We will record this information on our opt out register.
Third Party Sites
Please be aware that our website may contain links and pointers to other websites maintained by third party providers. These links are provided for your convenience only
These third party websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for such sites (including the suitability for your intended use of those sites). We do not endorse or recommend any third party website or any associates provider organisation or third products or services. You are responsible for reading the privacy policies or statements of those third party websites.
- Address: The Privacy Officer, ISAlbi Pty Ltd, PO Box 7120 Warringah Mall NSW 2100 Australia.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will provide you with a receipt of acknowledgment as soon as practicable.
We will then endeavour to respond to your complaint and attempt to resolve the issues within thirty (30) days.
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 99